Our friendly AI assistant “Science Ronny” will try to provide answers and guide you to more information on relevant pages. The AI assistant is mobile friendly and will work fine on most smartphones.
We launched the first version of our chat robot on 31st of October 2017. The intention was to see if we could learn this robot to automatically answer the most common questions posed. However, it turned out that this first robot had some serious learning difficulties. On 11th of November 2017 we switched to another robot powered by IBM Watson. This one worked better but was not good enough. Hence, on 18th of December 2021 we again changed technology to an AI assistant using the GPT-3 deep learning algorithms.
A few practicalities
- Any information provided on this website including replies by Ronny, the friendly AI assistant, is provided for free as is. We do not take legal or financial responsibility for the consequences of any errors in the provided information
- The friendly AI assistant presents as a small chat icon at the bottom. A chat window opens up when you click on the icon.
- You can write any question related to research methodology. Please write short questions with one question at a time. If you have many questions please ask them one at a time. Asking multiple questions at a time is likely to make the chat robot more or less confused.
- The AI assistant may sometimes end the reply with a small box labelled “Learn more”. Click on this to go to a webb page that the AI think may provide more information on the subject.
- The chat window can be minimised by clicking the X (on a desktop browser usually below the chat window and on a mobile phone usually in the upper right corner).
- Your chat history is stored locally on your computer for some time. You can clear the local storage of the chat history by telling the AI assistant: “reset chat”.
- If for any reason the chat bot (or any other part of this web site) does not behave as expected try to reset this web site using this link: https://science-network.tv/?clearcache=true
- Your chat history is also stored on a central server. The purpose is that we will look at past chats to see where the AI assistant goes wrong and subsequently try to improve its knowledge base and behaviour. Hence, the more you use our friendly AI assistant Ronny the more he will improve and get better. Please note that the chat history stored centrally only stores the questions and the AI responses. The centrally stored chat history does not contain information that can be linked to you (no IP-address or any other information that can be linked to you). Hence, when looking at the centrally stored chat history we don’t know who asked a question. We will not use the historic chat information for anything else than providing a better service.